Help Desk Technician
1375 Broadway New York, NY 10018
The Helpdesk Technician’ s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. The helpdesk technician’ s role also includes giving guidance to junior level staff and helps grow their technical capabilities.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document in our ticketing system all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution within our ticketing system and where appropriate our knowledgebase system.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Follow all check lists for installation of hardware and software. Contribute new checklists where applicable.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
Formal Education & Certification
- 2 year college diploma or higher in the field of computer science
- 1+ years work experience in Information Technology
- Certifications in Comptia A+, Microsoft MCP or MCTS a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proficient in troubleshooting a Windows based PC running Windows 10
- Strong experience supporting Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong ability diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues in a Microsoft Windows Domain networked environment
- Familiarity with accounting technologies including software from the following vendors, CCH, Thomson Reuters, Intuit.
- Good communication / excellent customer service skills
- Basic networking skills and a familiarity with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Ping, etc.
- Working knowledge of Audio/Visual equipment
- Image, install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair Windows-based desktops and laptops
- Install, configure and maintain corporate software applications
- Provide support for iPhone and other mobile devices
- Capable of supporting and troubleshooting common business technologies (i.e. Scanners, printers)
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Alana is a graduate from The University of Massachusetts Amherst where she received her degree in Communications. She has been with TPG since May 2016 and got into recruiting because of her love of talking to people. When she is not in the office you can find her testing out new recipes in the kitchen.