Help Desk Admin
462 7th Avenue, 3rd floor New York, NY 10018
XXXXX mission is to improve the quality of life and create a healthier tomorrow for New Yorkers with special needs in the Hispanic and broader communities by providing culturally competent health and human services and a continuum of affordable and supportive housing.
Reporting to the Vice President for Information Technology and Telecommunications, the Senior Help Desk Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day support, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrading of Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN), VPNs, software, computer hardware, peripheral equipment and agency-wide electronic mail systems. This position also assesses user training needs and trains users in effective use of applications; makes recommendations regarding hardware and software acquisitions; prepares documentation and provides user assistance to agency staff; and performs related work as required. In addition, the position is responsible for troubleshooting and supporting VoIp phones, including creating users.
1. Installing, assembling and configuring network infrastructure, computers, monitors and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware, including cabling.
2. Installing, configuring and upgrading operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative tools; may modify specific applications for use in operational departments.
3. Troubleshooting problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required. Serving as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data.
4. Making hardware and software acquisition recommendations including helping users assess needs and providing justification for equipment and services.
5. Assisting in instructing agency staff in the use of standard business and administrative software, including word processing, spreadsheets and database management; providing instruction or written documentation where required.
6. Assisting with the planning, designing, researching and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems; maintaining up-to-date knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommending modifications as necessary; and,
7. Performing other duties of a similar nature or level.
a. Generalized background with broad knowledge of VoIP systems or willingness to learn
b. Well-developed administrative skills. Strong management skills-principles and people. Experienced working with multiple types of service programs.
c. Exhibit good judgment, practical day-to-day experience working with a diverse group of people, and hardworking.
d. Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Creativity and latitude.
e. Strong written and verbal skills, organizational excellence, and team-oriented.
f. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and integrity.
g. Previous experience in a confidential administrative role with the ability to work well independently and ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced environment.
h. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other commonly used software.
Education and Experience Requirement(s)
Qualifications: Certification in computer technology Network+ or A+ desired.
Education and Experience: At minimum an Associate’ s Degree in computer science or related field, is required, as is two years of related work experience with LAN/WAN networks, VPNs, peripheral equipment and agency-wide electronic mail systems. A combination of education and experience sufficient to perform successfully, general computer installations, maintenance, repairs, and essential duties of the job as listed, is acceptable.
Must possess the mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer and the strength to lift and carry objects, especially typical computer hardware, and the ability to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions. The position requires traveling citywide via public transportation to multiple sites in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, and the Bronx. Flexibility around the hours worked is expected to deal with situations that may need immediate attention.
General Office Environment. Field work is an essential requirement.
Certifications & Licenses Required
After graduating with an Associates Degree in Business Administration from Westchester Community College Dan wasn't sure exactly what he wanted to do. In February 2013 he decided to put his knack for connecting people with one another to work when he joined The Phoenix Group. When he's not in the office you can find him skiing, golfing, or spending time with his family.