305 7th Ave New York, NY 10001
Working in close collaboration with both the Learning & Development and HR Departments, the HRIS & LMS Analyst is responsible for supporting the Learning & Development Department in its work to provide learning opportunities that are strategic, impactful, timely, and cost effective. The Learning & Development Department accomplishes this by orienting and promoting staff investment in our agency’ s mission, values, and culture; ensuring fulfillment of all grant-mandated training requirements; and assisting staff in gaining knowledge, sharing best practices, and applying skills to fully implement program models. Our client strives to be a leader in non-profit professional development. The purpose of this position is to actualize the full potential of the Learning Management System (LMS) and to optimize the use of learning & development data in support of the department’ s strategic goals and the agency mission. The positions essential functions include: management and maintenance of the ADP Workforce Now and the LMS; oversight and promotion of data integrity; customer services and staff support and training in use of systems; and reporting and analysis.
- Monitor and Maintenance of Cornerstone Learning Management System (LMS) and ADP Workforce Now HRIS to optimize its use and impact:
- Collaborate with the Learning & Development Department in the creation of the quarterly catalog by building learning and development opportunities in the LMS.
- Manage The Workshops customer payment process and registration.
- With support from the Deputy Director of Learning & Development, operationalize the LMS to support blended learning opportunities.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve system issues by liaising with Cornerstone, Tribridge, and ADP as necessary.
- Data Entry and Integrity:
- Ensure data integrity and consistency across ADP Workforce Now, LMS, and ICISMs.
- Provide technical assistance, management of registration, and attendance information for the Human Service Learning System (HSLC) and the ACS Workforce Institute’ s LMS.
- Customer Service, Technical Assistant, and Training:
- Deliver technical assistance and training to staff and customers via phone and in-person at program locations (for staff) by prioritizing requests according to importance.
- Develop and maintain Quick Guides and Job Aids to address barriers to staff utilization of Workforce Now and the LMS.
- Reporting and Analysis:
- With the support of with Deputy Director of Learning & Development and the Assistant Director of Payroll, HRIS, & HR Operations create and run reports to support the strategic initiatives of the L&D and HR Departments.
- Create and compile income reports to be sent to the Finance Department.
- Support L&D and HR Department Initiatives and Operations:
- Provide workshop room set-up and breakdown, attendance monitoring, and coverage as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred.
- Must have a commitment to the mission and vision of the learning collaborative.
- Must have strong customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Must have superior organizational and analytical skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge or experience with Cornerstone Learning Management System, ADP Workforce Now, and/or ICIMS preferred.
- Must be detailed oriented, able to multi-task, be flexible, understand urgency and effectively deal with crises.
- Willing to travel by public transportation to the client' s offices in the NYC boroughs.
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of people, as well as aptitude for teamwork are essential.
- Experience providing technical assistance and training on systems preferred.
- Experience in the social services field, learning and development, and/or human resources preferred.
- Must have a commitment to work from strength-based, youth and family development, and trauma-informed perspective.
Mariela is a graduate from Baruch College where she received her degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology. She has been with TPG since January 2018 and got into recruiting by researching how to get into organizational development and then eventually it grew into a passion. When she is not in the office you can find her traveling or at a concert.