Full Stack Engineer
49 West 38th Street New York, NY 10018
Our diverse team comes from a wide variety of backgrounds (plus has seen more than a few exits): we have a former physicist whose work helped win a nobel prize, a fine-dining chef who returned to their first love: coding, and people who have tackled problems with novel solutions like using Google Glass in farming and voice recognition in manufacturing.
We are linguists and psychologists and technologists and writers, all committed to learning, iterating and pushing things forward.
And we get most excited about working together to tackle this challenge: to help teams grow meaningfully and help people find meaningful work.
What' s the Role?
We' re looking for a software engineer to help us tackle our wide variety of challenges: everything from everything from traversing our skills knowledge graph to real-time messaging and data management to using NLP and machine learning in our conversational engine.
You' ll build alongside our team. You' ll be a part of everything we do.
What have you done?
- Quickly learned and mastered new languages and tools as needed (and using them in a secure, modular and testable fashion)?
- Become an expert in Java?
- Become fluent in the ins and outs of AWS and distributed systems?
- Designed and implemented microservices architecture?
- Built RESTful web applications?
- Built systems from the ground up?
- Built chatbots or worked with AI?
- Do you want to tackle the challenges systems architecture and laying the foundation for AI-human interaction?
- Do you want get your hands dirty in a startup environment?
- Do you love working with smart people to solve hard problems?
- Do you want to automate everything?
As a born and raised New Yorker, it wasn’t a shock to anyone that she made her way back to the city after graduating from IU in 2012 (go Hoosiers!) A fellow camp friend referred her into the recruiting world right after graduation, and the rest, as they say, is history. When she’s not working you can find her shopping. Her claim to fame is that she was on Slime time live as a kid, and was even one of a few who was chosen to get slimmed!