Foreign Filing Specialist
Los Angeles, CA 90003 US
Foreign Filing and Coordination with Foreign Associates
- Prepare PCT and direct national application filings with reporting letters to clients and foreign agents. Analyze and research matters identified as needing additional attention. Notify responsible attorneys and staff of discrepancies or concerns.
- Take ownership for ongoing coordination with international agencies, receiving offices, and foreign associates for filing various applications. Succinctly and timely convey detailed information to team members, agencies, and foreign associates.
- Respond to underlying application and procedural issues; proactively handle unique situations. Initiate initial research or delegate/forward as needed. Follow up and communicate to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Act as a resource to attorneys and staff on PCT regulation and compliance.
- Maintain and monitor docket for all foreign actions, including attorney actions, applying strong, detailed knowledge of all foreign rules, including but not limited to the PCT, EPC, 37 C.F.R. Rules, and MPEP rules.
- Maintain and manage daily Red Book due dates for a large docket. Follow through personally and with attorneys/staff to ensure docket actions and deadlines are met.
- Review and monitor incoming foreign filing mail. Ensure that critical items receive appropriate response and that deadlines are entered in Red Book.
- Ensures clients are appropriately outsourced and that firm processes are followed with respect to annuity inquires when notices of nonpayment are received.
- Maintains dialog with attorneys/agents to ensure outsourcing and firm processes are handled seamlessly.
Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare estimates and status reports for clients. Develop effective relationships with clients and foreign associates to understand, anticipate, and respond to their business and administrative needs.
- Applying established analytical and research skills, originate accurate and appropriately detailed correspondence and drafts.
Work Flow Management and Quality Control
- Scrupulously review all work product to ensure highest accuracy; routinely apply techniques and procedures to mange details, often working under critical deadlines.
- Actively prioritize work responding to deadlines and changing critical needs.
- Independently calculate deadline related to assigned matter and maintain independent calendar of said deadlines.
- Enter daily fixed fees into database.
Education and Experience
- Minimum three to five years of PCT and national patent filing prosecution support preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
After graduating with an Associates Degree in Business Administration from Westchester Community College Dan wasn't sure exactly what he wanted to do. In February 2013 he decided to put his knack for connecting people with one another to work when he joined The Phoenix Group. When he's not in the office you can find him skiing, golfing, or spending time with his family.