new york, NY 10003
The Platform engineering teams are at the core of our Engineering. We build the infrastructure, services and tooling that power our rapidly growing marketplace. As an engineering manager for our Platform teams, you will build and mentor teams to develop and maintain a world-class platform for rapid product development.
You will enable the broader engineering team to build better products for our educators. In this role you will drive the technical roadmap for the platforms and tools used to develop, deliver and monitor services.
You will be responsible for discovering and defining problems, framing and monitoring success metrics, implementing solutions, and following up on feedback - all while load, users, and transactions are increasing.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, recruit, and manage engineers to deliver a world-class buying and selling experience to educators
- Provide architectural expertise to the engineering team and establish best practices on code quality and performance
- Build confidence in our systems through automated testing, continuous integration, monitoring, and analytics
- Implement tools, provide architecture-level and code-level feedback
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- At least one year of engineering management experience leading high results-oriented teams
- Track record of successfully developing the careers of direct reports
- Comfortable with lean engineering and project management practices with a track record of successfully managing and delivering several large projects
- Loves to move fast and iterate to create high-quality platforms usable by Product Engineering teams
- Experience operating service oriented web applications at scale
- Strong ability to evaluate technical tradeoffs
- Well formed opinions on quality and maintainability of technical systems
- Interest in working in a fast paced tech and product oriented company
Extra credit for experience with:
- Experience with technologies we use in our stack like Node.js, React, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef
- OSS Contributor
- Knowledge of Ed-Tech
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’ s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events
A California native who packed her things and moved to NYC on a whim in 2011. By blind luck, she fell into the world of recruiting in March of 2012. A fun fact people probably wouldn't guess about her, most likely because she has a tendency to trip over her own two feet, is that she played Division 1 college soccer at Arizona State. It was there that she also found her love for travel when she studied abroad in Rome. If Rachel isn’t matchmaking people with new jobs, you can find her globetrotting around exploring new corners of the world.