33 W 60th St New York, NY 10023
- Must be a hands on developer (Backend Preferred)
- Coach, mentor and grow full-stack developers, so they can form and sustain high performing engineerings teams
- Inspire, manage and lead engineering so they are happy, productively engaged and growing
- Build and lead software engineering individuals (hiring, handling promotions, onboarding/off-boarding, team-building, and processes).
- Participate in the design of new systems, as well as writing and reviewing code with your team
- Increase the performance, quality, security, and resiliency of our web services by defining non-functional requirements, optimizing production, and leading the response to production issues
- Champion the patterns and practices allowing us to frequently deploy with confidence
- 8 years experience developing software as an engineer with a minimum 2-3 years experience managing engineering teams of 8 full stack developers
- Strong leadership skills to motivate team members and know how to efficiently make important decisions.
- Strong communication skills to oversee personnel and foster collaboration with other organizational departments.
- Significant experience building and operating critical systems.
- 4-5 years of experience building and running cloud architectures
- Great management and team development skills: ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and its members, delegate, mentor engineers, deliver frequent and honest feedback, help team members grow in their careers, and deliver results.
- Expertise and interest in growing teams: interviewing junior and senior engineers, collaborating with a recruiting team, smoothly onboarding new team members.
- Good software engineering methodology: meaningful and deeply-rooted opinions about testing and code quality, ability to make sound quality/speed trade-offs.
- Display a high degree of adaptability in order to learn new technologies as needed and successfully manage the daily challenges of a technical environment.
- Bachelor’ s or Master' s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
You may be a good fit if you
- Appreciate agility, simplicity, and pragmatism
- Are passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and security
- Are comfortable working with a diverse set of programming languages and paradigms
Alana is a graduate from The University of Massachusetts Amherst where she received her degree in Communications. She has been with TPG since May 2016 and got into recruiting because of her love of talking to people. When she is not in the office you can find her testing out new recipes in the kitchen.