End User Support Anayst
A, 755 Page Mill Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94304
Opening for an End User Support Analyst within the Information Technology Department in our client' s Palo Alto office.
Guided by department objectives and priorities, troubleshoots application and hardware issues and provides solutions from inception to successful resolution. Provides support for attorneys and staff for all technology related needs. Performs offsite meeting and/or trial site set ups and support as needed. Collaborates closely with others in firm wide and office-based Information Technology groups, attorneys, staff, and vendors. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position.
End User Support
- Provides advanced troubleshooting and issue resolution for desktop applications. Ensures problem solving and solutions reflect understanding of software and hardware integration and functioning. Uses firm and vendor provided online knowledge bases as well as other resources to research and resolve issues. Shares knowledge gained with others in Information Technology throughout the firm.
- Provides support for specific hardware such as desktop and notebook computers, system peripherals, mobile devices, wireless connectivity, and printers. Understands setup, configuration, and use of dual monitor displays and other specialized hardware configurations.
- Understands configuration of firm operating systems and utilities. Preserves user data and images systems. Follows established policies and procedures in supporting applications and hardware.
- Logs technical support incidents and requests into the ticket management system from live calls, email, and voice mail systems. Monitors support center incidents assigned to the team to ensure department service levels are met for responding to and resolving incidents. Provide updates to incidents indicating acted upon resolution and communication to user.
- Communicates proactively with end users to ensure issues are clarified, effectively addressed, and resolved with appropriate urgency. Ensures end user satisfaction; maintains accountability throughout resolution, including when issue is delegated or handed off.
- Collaborates closely with application owners, other analysts, and vendors to incorporate appropriate expertise and protocols into issue resolution.
- Provides software/hardware support and troubleshooting for programs, meetings, trials, etc., working off-site as required.
- Follows firm change management policies and procedures when introducing changes to the environment.
- Regularly applies learning and expertise to develop solutions and processes to anticipate future applications issues.
- Provides professional interpretation for other Analysts through coaching and knowledge sharing.
- Participates in team on-call rotation and may need to be reachable via firm-provided mobile device outside of standard working hours as needed.
Education and Experience
- College level course work in Information Systems Technology preferred.
- Five years PC experience with hardware and software knowledge. Thorough understanding of LAN/WAN and server concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS required. In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Recent and relevant certification strongly desired.
- Knowledgeable in project management standards and guidelines.
- Law firm or professional services experience preferable.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Skill to assess issues and needs and to provide responsive, effective solutions. A highly proactive, solution-oriented approach to work and interactions.
- High client service ethic and a proven record in delivering exemplary client satisfaction to external and internal clients. Demonstrated ability to focus on the client value in all work.
- Highly effective communications skills and ability to communicate credibly and diplomatically with all levels in an organization.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions.
- Strong team player skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to achieve consensus and project results with sometimes incomplete, ambiguous, or sensitive information.
- High comfort level with sometimes stressful client requirements.
- Ability to follow instructions with high degree of accuracy.
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding, including ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Ability to apply effective independent judgment.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize work, and work within competing deadlines.
- Reliability, dependability, and strong motivation to respond to requests quickly.
- Flexibility regarding work schedule to meet position needs outside of regular business hours.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
A graduate from Penn State where she received her degree in Communications and Business. She has been with TPG since February 2016, and got into recruiting as she has always been intrigued by it. When she is not in the office you can find her hanging in the city or traveling with her husband, baby girl and dog.