Document Management Developer
250 West 55th Street New York, NY 10019 US
Our client, a multinational law firm, has an exciting opportunity for a Document Management Developer within their Information Technology Department. This role can be based in any of our U.S. offices! (San Francisco, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, San Diego, Denver, Austin, Boston, New York, Washington, D.C. or Miami)
- Configures, upgrades, implements, tests and supports iManage Work 10 for Windows, Desksite, Mobility App, and Co-authoring.
- Troubleshoots and resolves security-related issues in IntApp Wallbuilder; understands IntApp database schema and assists/supports other IntApp extensions.
- Manages application upgrades utilizing and applying project management principals.
- Tests and deploys security updates and software patches for various applications.
- Troubleshoots and solves third level support calls escalated from Support Center.
- Makes recommendations for various application settings and presents innovative solutions for existing business challenges.
- Works with various IS departments and vendors to remediate the desktop applications and third-party issues.
- Works with software vendors to test and evaluate new products.
- Performs regression testing on images and updates packages on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience supporting law firm applications.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of desktop applications integrations and Windows operating systems.
- In depth knowledge of Document Management and Records Management Systems, IntApp Wallbuilder and windows security policies.
- Strong working knowledge the iManage APIs, and ability to run queries, update records and troubleshoot issues with integrations. Knowledge of Powershell is helpful.
- Experience with iManage products & associated technologies
- Knowledge of backend iManage Document Management System, including communication servers, IDOL, Preview Servers, RAVN, Work 10 servers and iManage Share is a plus.
- Good understanding of network communication protocols; Strong knowledge of the Windows Operating System (including Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2-2022 as well as Azure).
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office 365 Desktop and experience supporting Office 365 Online is a plus.
- Experience supporting Client and Server-based applications. Must be able to diagnose problems via system and application logs.
- Experience working with OpenText eDOCS is helpful.
- Understanding of Information Governance concepts.
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Recruiting
A graduate from Penn State where she received her degree in Communications and Business. She has been with TPG since February 2016, and got into recruiting as she has always been intrigued by it. When she is not in the office you can find her hanging in the city or traveling with her husband, baby girl and dog.