Director of Engineering
335 Madison Avenue, 6th floor New York, NY 10017
Here you’ ll have a front row seat at an early stage startup that is shaking up healthcare. And you’ ll have the chance to make a deep impact on our business and drive the future success of the company. Plus, you' ll get snacks, coffee, and an unlimited PTO policy.
What will you do here? As Director of Engineering, you will recruit, hire, develop, support, and organize software engineers across multiple disciplines, teams, and experience levels. You' ll spend time recruiting, interviewing, and hiring engineers, training and onboarding those engineers, managing the organization and performance of the engineers in your organization, and promoting a high standard of professional and technical excellence on your team.
Who will you work with?
You will work closely with the entire engineering team as a crucial, central figure of that team. You' ll also work very closely with our Product team, as well as closely with our Growth and Operations teams and our Marketing team. You will report to the Vice President of Engineering.
What we’ re looking for:
- You' re a people-minded technologist with a passion for growing, scaling, and managing teams of software engineers. You have 3 or more years of experience managing software engineers, and 5 or more years of direct software engineering experience developing web products. Experience managing other managers is a plus.
- You' re a demonstrated leader in previous engineering and management roles, and a go-to resource for professional and technical advice.
- You have a strong drive to ship high-quality features fast, and know how to organize teams and create accountability to guarantee on-time deliverables.
- You have a keen awareness and adroitness in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including architecture, development, testing, deployment, infrastructure, and devops.
- You' re invested in empowering and developing the engineers you work with, and understand that the success of engineering managers depends on the success of every engineer.
- You' re experienced with and get excited about improving engineering teams through structured professional development, continuous learning, performance management, mentorship, and team-building activities.