Director of Analytics & Reporting
34 Exchange Pl jersey city, NJ 07311
The Director, Analytics & Reporting (A&R) is a key leader in the Data Insights & Initiatives team. As the Analytics & Reporting Leader, you will lead a team of business and data analysts providing critical insights to our key business units.
As the Senior Director, A&R, you will lead programs from start to finish and deliver high-quality data solutions to grow the company. You will build relationships and partner with leadership stakeholders to design and develop data-driven insights that inform decision-making. You will also build, nurture, and mentor an organization that is highly effective at delivering insights from a rich set of data to our business.
In this role, you will be partnering with teams across the company and be responsible for:
- Creating and nurturing effective working relationships with key executives across the company
- Ensuring your team is constantly pushing for more effective solutions to problems leveraging the right tools and automation for the job
- Mentoring your leadership team to produce the next generation of leaders for the broader organization
- Recruiting, training, and retaining the best talent to support the organization’ s mission.
- Leveraging technology and critical thinking skills to continually drive innovation and automation into our existing methodologies, processes and reporting.
- Partnering with Engineering leadership to operationalize / scale data solutions to improve the company’ s business intelligence and analytical platforms, such as querying, reporting and analytical tools
- Playing an active role in our organization’ s leadership team, taking initiative to execute on our mission, prioritize work, make tradeoffs, manage conflicts and constantly push the team to grow and evolve.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Technical expertise: you will have hands-on experience in developing analytics & reporting solutions, from discovery and requirements to development and production.
- You have experience with modern tools, rapid prototyping and deployment of data solutions within an enterprise
- Great communication skills: You can communicate complex ideas clearly. Your team understands their priorities and you successfully engage your cross-functional stakeholder network and leadership team, clearly highlighting your approach, ideas, and progress
- Innovation focus. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art algorithms and models. You are well versed in model risk and governance. You know how to decide which new technologies are truly disruptive and worth pursuing vs those that are just incrementally better
- Business outcome focus. You can analyze customer needs, engage in problem solving and develop data products that the business can seamlessly deploy.
- Leadership. You challenge conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and you work with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo
- Bachelor’ s degree in analytical, quantitative or STEM field
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience leading, managing, and mentoring teams
- 4+ years of experience in data manipulation using SQL and other scripting languages development (advanced/expert level)
- 4+ years of experience building and creating dashboards for business consumption, including synthesizing data in graphical format
- Familiarity with analytics methods/theory (statistics, ML, etc.) and analytical programs/tools (e.g., SAS, R, Python, etc.)
- Experience in Finance or Financial Analysis
- Master’ s Degree or MBA in analytical, quantitative or STEM field
- Experience working in high data volume environments
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially ability to manage relationships with executive level stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in environments with multiple cross functional stakeholders with competing agendas by bringing people together to achieve a common goal
- Excellent stakeholder management skills including expectation setting, education, conflict management, prioritization, etc.
- Experience with analytics projects, including modeling, tuning and productionizing solutions
- Experience in designing and delivering data warehousing, business intelligence, and reporting solutions
- Experience working with AWS, Azure, or similar cloud platform
Director of Talent Acquisition
Claire is a graduate from Queens College with a degree in Political Science and has been with The Phoenix Group since May of 2004. Claire got into recruiting while on an interview with a search firm and the owner said to her "forget working your way through law school, you have the gift of gab! You should work here as a recruiter". When she is not in the office, she is working in the garden and playing with her 4-year-old golden Charlie.