Director - Consumer Revenue Product Development
Jersey City, NJ 07311
Our Client is looking for a Director of Consumer Revenue Product Development with senior product development experience. This position is a key leadership position in our company, requiring a strong vision and proven track record in the tech and media industries. Our candidate will define and launch new great products and services to grow our consumer revenue (subscriptions). The position will serve as a senior product evangelist, and collaborate with key stakeholders, and drive to success.
Our candidate will be excited about working in a multi-team agile environment. Our teams work on large-scale, high-traffic web applications in a dynamic environment that focus on local news and our consumers on the local level.
This position requires a passion for establishing a culture of collaboration, experimentation and innovation. The perfect candidate is a savvy person who wants to drive initiative and conceptualize new product roadmaps and see them through development.
- Own the product roadmap to drive success of consumer revenue to keep Advance Local on the leading edge of news and media websites.
- Strategize and build the product solutions focused on habit building and engagement, both before and after a consumer becomes a subscriber.
- Collaborate closely with Consumer Revenue and Content/Editorial, as well as department heads and local markets to ensure their feedback and guidance is integral part of the product strategy and definition.
- Support new experiments to accelerate learning and expansion of consumer revenue.
- Work closely with market research and UX research teams on product ideation, prototyping, and data-driven decision making to identify new product opportunities and enhancements.
- With a focus on consumer revenue, stay current with products/solutions in the media technology space for industry trends, potential partnerships, and competitive intelligence.
- Manage a cross-functional agile team to execute new products, integrate different technologies and support best in class solutions
- Work with other cross-functional development teams to re-imagine, redevelop, grow and support large, public-facing web applications in using your consumer revenue products.
- Manage a team to ensure thorough testing roadmaps for each application to ensure high quality experiences.
- Collaborate with other product teams, ad operations, and vendors to ensure we meet other business needs for advertising, page performance and other business objectives.
- Ensure we maintain the trust of our consumers with a focus on compliance/security, and collaborate with our internal compliance teams.
- 4+ years of direct, relevant experience as a senior leader in the consumer revenue and media industry.
- Proven track record of utilizing a customer-centric approach to product development by implementing tools to track and analyze customer feedback.
- Demonstrated record of growing and building exciting large-scale web and mobile products and experiences.
- Deep knowledge of the subscription platforms and technologies.
- Knowledge of data tools and services to accelerate learning and insight.
- Experience leading a product and development team and excellent understanding of web technologies. Ability to lead a team working in a lean and agile product development environment.
- Community, social network integration and mobile application experience a plus.
- Excellent communications skills in senior executive, engineering, and business partners, with an ability to articulate the right level of detail and knowledge to each audience group, both in written and verbal form
- Bachelor’ s degree from a four-year college or university
- MBA or Master’ s degree a plus
As a born and raised New Yorker, it wasn’t a shock to anyone that she made her way back to the city after graduating from IU in 2012 (go Hoosiers!) A fellow camp friend referred her into the recruiting world right after graduation, and the rest, as they say, is history. When she’s not working you can find her shopping. Her claim to fame is that she was on Slime time live as a kid, and was even one of a few who was chosen to get slimmed!