Corporate Paralegal Manager
One Financial Center Boston, MA 02111 US
Our client, an international law firm, is seeking a Corporate Paralegal Manager!
- Manages the day-to-day work of a cross-office team of Corporate Paralegals.
- Identifies, develops and implements training necessary to keep the skillset of Corporate Paralegals current.
- Collaborates with Human Resources on hiring strategies and employee relations issues.
- Performs hands-on work to support and supplement the Corporate Paralegal group; work includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing deal support and closing logistics for small to mid-size transactions; has a keen understanding of common types of transactions such as mergers, debt financings, bridge financings, stock offerings, IPOs and other forms of raising capital; drafting supporting certificates and schedules as directed by attorneys; coordinating distributions of large document productions; developing systems for tracking delivery of documents; able to determine and solve common problems encountered in transactions.
- Understanding life cycle of corporate entities; preparing initial charters, amendments thereto and entity conversion documents; assisting in the drafting of related public and internal entity documents for corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships and business trusts.
- Understanding common SEC and state filings for a variety of entities (e.g. private companies, trusts, mutual funds, public companies); demonstrating familiarity with common exemptions and their application with the SEC and various states. Prepare and file federal Form D and related blue sky filings.
- Performing public searches of all kinds, including federal and state lien searches, financing statements and secretary of state records; preparing summary charts; obtaining status certificates and certified copies of documents from state and federal agencies.
- Working independently to complete and file various forms with the Internal Revenue Service, including, but not limited to, forms 1023, SS-4, and 8832.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- This role requires 60% in office presence; remote work is permissible 40% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years of transactional experience at Am Law 100 Firm.
- 3+ years of supervisory/management experience.
- Experience creating, proctoring, scaling and maintaining training materials focused on corporate transactions for varying levels of experienced paralegals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and develop teams.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and drive processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize competing demands and meet various deadlines.
- Possesses a “hands-on” tactical approach.
- Creative and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Deep personal commitment to integrity, excellent judgment, and the highest standards of ethics.
- Displays the highest level of diplomacy, tact, discretion, and an ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding the firm’s business.
- Strong technical skills, including experience with Intapp or equivalent time entry applications, proficiency in using suite of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to quickly learn and master new applications and software as needed.