New York, NY 10002 US
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategically drive forward the successful execution of Key Performance Indicators and strategic objectives for the Finance & Accounting department.
- Oversee the day-to-day finance & accounting responsibilities of the departments for the following areas:
- Ensure adherence to GAAP and related ERISA & DOL requirements.
- Ensure proper and timely filing of tax returns (990s, 99Ts, 5500s and related state return and compliance filings.
- Support the budget process for all Funds.
- Conduct fiscal analyses to inform managerial decisions as well as modeling and forecasting for strategic planning.
- Partner with Billing & Collections, Accounts Payable, Retirement Services, Information Technology, Member Services, Human Resources, Legal, Training, Compliance, Health Fund, and other cross-functional teams on accounting procedures, processes, and treatments to ensure they are accurate and correct.
- Support the annual financial audits and direct production of interim financial statements.
- Oversee Treasury function, such as cash flow analysis, forecasting, bank reconciliation, cash management, and routine rolling short-term, monthly, and quarterly cash forecasting.
- Reviews monthly Health Fund Per Member Per Month Benefit Cost and analysis for review by Health Savings Committee.
- Develop and enhance a company-wide financial reporting team that will leverage all functionalities using Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations (F&O) and other new systems/tools.
- Facilitates implementation and ongoing training opportunities with Dynamics 365 F&O along with our legacy accounting systems.
- Ensures the team is compliant with federal, state, local, organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and best practices, such as tax laws, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Auditing & Attestation (AUD), Business Environment & Concepts (BEC), and Regulations (REG).
- Prepare to present to the Executive Committee and Board of Trustees on the financial state of the organization monthly, yearly, and on ad-hoc basis.
- Support the supervision over general accounting, payroll, and accounts payable.
- Provide additional support as directed by executive and senior leadership.
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field.
- Strong preference to the following certifications: CPA, CFA, Certified Management Accountant, Charted Global Management Accountant, or other relevant certifications.
- 15+ years of hands-on experience in corporate accounting, public accounting, management accounting, forensic accounting, international accounting, auditing, cost accounting, tax accounting, or similar accounting/finance fields.
- 10+ years of experience leading and developing an accounting or finance department while working cross-functionally across an organization.
- Excellent experience of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in a financial corporate setting.
- Strong prior experience with Department of Labor and Internal Revenue Service rules and procedures.
- Prior experience with Multi-Employer (Taft-Hartley) Benefit Funds is preferred, but not required.
- Adaptable, fast learner who is highly organized, analytical, and detail oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as technical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing workflow to meet critical deadlines while paying exceptional close attention to detail.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and explain complex financial data to non-financial stakeholders.
- Willingness to take initiative, think critically and strategically, and collaborate with others to drive organizational change.
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of 32BJ Benefit Funds.
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Director - Tampa
Kenny is a graduate from Quinnipiac University where he received his degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology. He has been with TPG since November 2015 and initially got into recruiting through a friend from college and never looked back. When he is not in the office you can find him fishing, golfing, or hanging out with his girlfriend and dog Foxy.