425 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94105
The Conflicts Analyst applies detailed knowledge of professional methods to produce, review and analyze conflict of interest reports while ensuring that client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of the position.
- Review conflict reports and identify potential conflicts issues.
- Conduct factual research relating to the identification of potential conflicts issues, including determining if relevant matters have been closed, ascertaining the nature of an entity’ s role in a particular matter, retrieving any existing waivers and identifying affiliate relationships of corporate entities.
- Independently analyze the report with limited guidance from a Senior Conflicts Analyst.
- Summarize the conflicts analysis results in writing.
- Create ethical walls upon request as appropriate.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Firm’ s waiver letter file as appropriate, including monitoring the engagement letter database, creating engagement letter flags, and other tasks associated with the Engagement Letter Administrator position.
- Retrieve and send waiver letters to attorneys upon request.
Client Service & Confidentiality
- Consistently promote and model the Firm' s Client Service Principles in leadership, teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
- Ensure compliance with the Firm' s Information Handling Policy, including safeguarding confidential and personal information, and reporting any suspected breach appropriately and immediately.
Education and Experience
- One year of conflicts or legal assistant experience (or similar law firm experience in a decision-making capacity) required.
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’ s degree preferred.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills required.
- Willingness to learn law regarding conflict of interest issues is essential.
- Ability to keep confidential any information, observations or viewpoints regarding Firm business matters.
- Ability to work 9: 00am - 5: 30pm with additional overtime, as required.
After graduating with an Associates Degree in Business Administration from Westchester Community College Dan wasn't sure exactly what he wanted to do. In February 2013 he decided to put his knack for connecting people with one another to work when he joined The Phoenix Group. When he's not in the office you can find him skiing, golfing, or spending time with his family.