Client Engineering Director-UI
850 3rd Ave # 1003 new york, NY 10022
* 10+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
* 4+ years of experience managing successful engineering teams including hiring and performance management.
* High proficiency & technical leadership in ReactJS and/or React Native development
* Commanding knowledge of device manufacturer guidelines, signing, certification and publishing processes.
* Commanding knowledge of UI component lifecycles, rendering and performance in at least one of our target platforms
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* You are comfortable with collaborating using Git.
* Ability to provide code samples either privately or through a Github repo.
* Several applications in an App store with a favorable rating.
* Skills with optimizing rendering performance using profiling and debugging tools.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States.
Experience with any of the following would be considered a plus…
* Design interest or background with a heightened attention to visual detail
* Connected device development like Roku, Xbox, FireTV or Smart TVs
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
1. Lead by example through coding, this is a hands-on engineering role.
2. Write clean, concise, readable code that follows common design patterns and principles.
3. Complete work with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through.
4. Collaborate with coworkers from design, engineering, product, project, QA and content teams.
5. Translate functional requirements into solutions that work well with current architecture.
6. Preform peer code reviews.
7. Utilize multi-tasking and context shifting skills.
8. Identify inefficiencies and make recommendations.
9. Develop prototypes and proof of concept projects to test the waters with new technologies or ideas.
10. Stay informed with changes in technology and formally present new processes and technologies our team.
11. Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation.
12. Provide skill development opportunities to direct reports and work with them in regular one-on-one sessions.
13. Work with personal connections, HR and recruiters to define and fill open positions.
14. Communicate team status, drive and morale.
15. Partner with other cross-functional managers to ensure capacity and velocity is maintained.