Client Billing Lead
55 Hudson Yards New York City New York, NY 10001 US
Our client is hiring a client billing lead to join their billing team!
- Proactively communicate and meet regularly with key members of the Practice Group and partner with them to ensure the billing process is running smoothly, troubleshoot any issues and offer solutions.
- Establish effective & open lines of communication with clients’ financial team so that the firm’s invoices are processed expeditiously. Troubleshoot client invoice related issues and escalate as needed to Manager, Director or other firm management.
- Continually monitor WIP, aged A/R, and unapplied cash; review inventory, including on-account invoices to ensure WIP is relieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with onboarding new team members; provide training and guidance on accounting functions, firm policies, processes and procedures; serve as a resource and mentor to billing specialists.
- Evaluate workload and provide direction to team members regarding prioritization of competing tasks.
- Document and update Partner & client billing protocols as needed.
- Ensure clients / matters are setup and maintained in accordance with client and Partner requirements / preferences; necessary e-billing task / activity codes, matter ID and/or budgets are incorporated in matter details; alternative fee arrangements (AFAs) are setup where applicable; setups are compliant with client’s billing requirements.
- Process complex billing accurately and efficiently in accordance with the client’s fee agreement and Outside Counsel Billing Guidelines; perform revisions as per Partner instructions while keeping with firm policy; finalize and post invoice(s) in firm financial software.
- Prepare, transmit and ensure successful submission of e-bill(s); work with Ebilling team and/or client to resolve rejection issues; monitor and report on status when necessary.
- Communicate and effectively work with clients, vendors, attorneys and other administrative departments within the Firm to provide a solution oriented customer service experience.
- Research and recommend constructive solutions to reduce or eliminate inefficiencies.
- Confirm compliance with the firm’s accounting, billing and collection policies, and ensure integrity of the firm’s financial and operating information.
- Collaborate with the billing/collection team and other finance personnel and work closely with Partners and other legal staff to achieve the firm’s goals.
- Coordinate ad hoc projects at the request of clients, Partners, and firm management; prepare various reports and analyses, as requested.
- Provide coverage during absence of other team members or Leads.
- Other responsibilities within the billing/collection function as they may be assigned from time-to-time.
Salary $105,000 - $125,000 (DOE)
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; degree preferably in Accounting or Business.
- 5+ years’ experience in a large law firm billing department or comparable industry; supervisory experience preferred.
- Software Elite (Enterprise or 3E) or Aderant a plus, Elite preferred; Design Gallery, ARCS, Target*Cash, Intapp Open and Intapp Time is a definite plus.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with BillBlast, eBilling Hub and E-Billing vendor sites preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and successfully prioritize competing deadlines.
- Functions as a self-starter, takes initiative and assumes responsibility without being asked.
- Works well independently and with a large team; detail & results oriented.
- Could require travel periodically to meet with Practice Group partners, LTA’s or department management in other offices.
- Flexibility with overtime when necessary.