Client Account Specialist
CA or, NY US
- Prepares client bills for billing attorneys; collaborates closely in revisions and takes primary role in correction of time/cost errors; ensures accuracy and timeliness and demonstrates understanding of underlying principles of client billing.
- Assists with creating and maintaining matter budgets, matter plans, and status reports; prepares specialized reports as needed.
- Assists Client Account Managers with annual rate change process with billing attorneys, management, and administration.
- Collaborates with team to troubleshoot, make improvements, and test new feature and upgrades.
- Performs, documents and helps to troubleshoot e-billing for a group of clients; including those clients represented by his/her billing attorneys. Coordinates data collection for e-billing matter set-up and on-going e-billing maintenance. Supports matter set-up, including timekeeper and billing rate set-up and approval, both on the vendor site and within the firm’s billing system.
- Reviews and processes e-billing documentation according to attorney instruction and department procedures; Reviews e-billing documents and client and matter master files for special deals and obtains necessary documentation if deal is not properly reflected in e-billing.
- Helps to develop the firm’s e-billing efforts by reviewing procedures and suggesting improvements.
Education and Experience
- Minimum two years law firm billing experience, preferably in a large law firm.
Meet Your Recruiter
After graduating with an Associates Degree in Business Administration from Westchester Community College Dan wasn't sure exactly what he wanted to do. In February 2013 he decided to put his knack for connecting people with one another to work when he joined The Phoenix Group. When he's not in the office you can find him skiing, golfing, or spending time with his family.