Chief Financial Officer
Stamford, CT 06902 US
Our client, a prestigious Law Firm is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join their team in their Stamford office!
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will assume a leadership role in the finance and accounting function, playing a crucial role as a key member of the management team. Responsibilities include overseeing a team of ten (10) finance and accounting professionals and managing various aspects of the Firm's financial operations.
- Lead strategic and operational finance and accounting functions, covering areas such as accounting, reporting, tax, financial planning and analysis, treasury, billing and collections, risk management, financial systems, and budgeting.
- Provide recommendations for organizational, operational, and technological improvements within the group.
- Act as a key advisor to the Managing Partner and other Firm leaders on financial planning, profitability, growth targets, and revenue goals.
- Develop and implement advanced financial reporting tools and metrics associated with revenue, profitability, budget, utilization, realization, leverage, and other critical areas.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation in finance and accounting functions, promoting clear communication and collaboration across the Firm.
- Attend various organizational meetings, including Board of Director Meetings, Compensation Committee Meetings, Partner Meetings, and others.
- Lead the development of the annual operating budget, capital budgets, and manage the budgeting and forecasting process, providing senior leadership with essential data for strategic decisions.
- Provide financial analysis for lateral partner hires and practice group or Firm acquisitions.
- Act as the primary contact for all bank relations.
- Serve as one of the administrative fiduciaries of the Firm's Employee 401(k) Savings Plan as a member of the Retirement Plan Committee.
- Direct client accounting, overseeing alternative billing arrangements, new client intake and financial capability, prepayments, collections, and invoicing.
- Manage all periodic and year-end closings, year-end audits, and the preparation of consolidated financial statements, maintaining the external accounting firm relationship.
- Stay informed about current trends and best practices in accounting and financial reporting, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of GAAP and other regulatory agency rules and guidelines.
- Participate in building a team-oriented culture committed to professional excellence, managing, mentoring, and developing staff in alignment with the Firm's goals and objectives.
- A minimum of 15 to 20 years of strategic finance and accounting leadership experience in a legal, professional services, or similarly sophisticated industry.
- Extensive experience leading all functional aspects of finance and accounting.