Business Development Manager (M&A/Private Equity)
250 West 55th Street New York, NY 10019 US
High visibility within the marketing department, including close interaction with Chief Marketing Officer, and with M&A and Private Equity Partners. This is an ideal time to join a dynamic and growing marketing organization!
- Help form and execute on business development and marketing plans, with underlying budget recommendations.
- Make recommendations to practice group leaders on a broad range of business development and marketing strategies, demonstrating strong understanding of the corporate practice group and industry norms, terms, and business procedures.
- Keep abreast of developments in the law for assigned groups and relevant industries that could result in expanded or new client opportunities, etc.
- Implement business development and marketing plans for assigned practice groups.
- Develop customized pitches/RFPs, presentations, marketing materials, bios, practice group descriptions and website content.
- Proactively participate in key industry networks, identifying partnership opportunities to enhance the position of the firm or practice groups in the market place.
- Lead the timely completion of submissions to directories and ranking authorities.
- Collaborate closely with practice groups and Marketing Department to produce client development seminars. Take seminars from concept through all stages of development and implementation, from targeting attendance participation to leading action-oriented follow-up.
- Assist corporate group and individual partners to prepare for client pitches.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in professional services marketing; law firm experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of corporate practices desired, with direct work experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of core marketing principles including driving innovative tools and programs, competitive intelligence, market research, and pitch and RFP responses.
Meet Your Recruiter
After graduating with an Associates Degree in Business Administration from Westchester Community College Dan wasn't sure exactly what he wanted to do. In February 2013 he decided to put his knack for connecting people with one another to work when he joined The Phoenix Group. When he's not in the office you can find him skiing, golfing, or spending time with his family.