Business Development/ Sales Engineer
538 8th Avenue new york, NY 10017
Our client is a hybrid managed IT and cybersecurity provider servicing the financial services, health care and payments industries. The company has extensive experience supporting the alternative investment space, specializing in hedge funds, private equity firms and asset managers. We offer technology hosting, monitoring, management, helpdesk, disaster prevention and recovery, as well as managed security, 360° cybersecurity programs, virtual CISO (vCISO) support and cybersecurity consulting. With over 250 employees, the company is headquartered in New York, NY with its Network Management Center (NOC) in Norman, OK and Security Operations Center (SOC) in Raleigh, NC.
Objectives – year 1
- Meet or exceed assigned sales quota for 2019.
- Develop a deep understanding of service offerings, strengths and differentiators and leverage this knowledge to create opportunities in our target market.
- Develop a strong relationship with key contacts in assigned accounts
- Develop 2019 account plans for all assigned account
- Sell solutions for a set of assigned accounts based on defined account strategies and plans; may partner with account management, sales colleagues or sell independently.
- Understand the client’ s business and establish account plans for strategic accounts including situation, near term objectives, two-year revenue plan, etc.
- Drive maximum adoption of company solutions and identify/drive cyber solutions expansion opportunities via high value relationship with the client
- Expand share of wallet in assigned accounts
- Maintain industry relationships through organizations (ISSA, ISACA, etc.) or other networking venues.
- Create proposals, negotiate and close contracts with contacts;
- Effectively leverage supporting resources in the sales process with the spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Work closely with implementation and support teams to ensure client satisfaction
- Create and maintain a sales funnel including monthly prospecting reports and forecasts;
- Develop sales strategies for the introduction of new service offerings.
- As a Business Development Representative, you will report to the Chief Revenue Officer, working closely to support our client’ s corporate business development goals.
- You will research, prospect and identify targets for Solutions and Services, forging relationships with key individuals at all levels.
- You will prepare sales proposals that speak in appropriate manners to all key influencers and decision-makers within the organization, enabling you to close business on our behalf.
- You will work to establish a sales pipeline, reporting weekly on agreed performance objectives and results.
Applicants must possess:
- A Bachelor’ s degree in business or a related field and/or have associated experience in the field
- Exceptional written and verbal skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening and questioning skills;
- Requires CRM experience, strong Microsoft Office skills and strong group presentation skills
- Ability to understand the business challenges the prospect faces and effectively position our client’ s solutions and services to meet those needs.
- The growth of new business in existing accounts
- Your individual performance in attaining the target gross profit assigned as sales quota
- The renewal rate and value of existing accounts
- The overall growth of Cybersecurity and Managed IT services at a company level
Base + Variable
Director of Talent Acquisition
Claire is a graduate from Queens College with a degree in Political Science and has been with The Phoenix Group since May of 2004. Claire got into recruiting while on an interview with a search firm and the owner said to her "forget working your way through law school, you have the gift of gab! You should work here as a recruiter". When she is not in the office, she is working in the garden and playing with her 4-year-old golden Charlie.