33 W 60th St New York, NY 10023
Who you are
- You engage with senior leadership and and are able to collaborate effectively across business functions, including financial analysts, marketeers, product managers and product developers to drive strategy and business growth.
- You are passionate about using data to deliver actionable insights to your partners.
- You are a hardworking top performer who is able to crunch the numbers and critically think through strategic issues, explore revenue and growth strategies using data-driven models, and take product solutions to the next phase.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You have an understanding of the competitive landscape.
- You can work independently and manage a list of priorities.
- You enjoy experimenting to try out new ideas.
- You value teamwork, innovation, quality, execution, and kindness.
What you’ ll do
- Apply the tools of exploratory data analysis and statistical inference and modeling to understand trends, identify characteristic patterns and growth opportunities, predict churn, attribute signup/purchase to the right channels, and reduce uncertainties that come with the subscription business.
- Make product recommendations (e.g. cross-platform analysis, behavior analysis, feature analysis, engagement/churn, cost-benefit, forecasting, and experiment. analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders
- Collaborate with data & engineering teams to ensure that we are instrumenting the right data and that our data model design supports our analytics needs.
- Work with teams throughout Talkspace on how to frame and scope analyses, leverage our data and tooling most effectively, and apply analytics best practices.
- Gather market insights and translate them into actionable initiatives for our product and marketing teams
- Use advanced modeling to gain understanding of the drivers of customer behavior
- Work closely with the business and finance teams to define the key operational and financial metrics
- Construct and deliver clear, concise oral and written presentations of findings, key product and user performance metrics and management recommendations
What you’ ll need to be successful
- Bachelor’ s degree in a quantitative discipline (Master’ s degree preferred), preferably in a quantitative field like mathematics, econometrics, statistics, finance etc.
- Professional experience (at least two years) working with data for a subscription business
- Advanced SQL and Excel skills are a requirement. Experience with Python (pandas, numpy, matplotlib, statsmodels) is a plus
- Very strong analytical, reporting and visualization skills
- Strong data intuition (you have a good nose for identifying and interpreting trends and anomalies in our data and can prioritize and execute an efficient data deep dive)
- Curiosity combined with business thought leadership and strategic thinking: your analyses are oriented around driving impact and value
- Experience working with large, multisource data sets and usage of analytics to drive business and product strategy
- Strong attention to detail and great passion for data integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization
- The skill to explain complicated analyses in an easy way to colleagues and management
- Ability to work in an agile and flexible environment where change is part of the day-to-day environment
Alana is a graduate from The University of Massachusetts Amherst where she received her degree in Communications. She has been with TPG since May 2016 and got into recruiting because of her love of talking to people. When she is not in the office you can find her testing out new recipes in the kitchen.