Billing Service Desk Coordinator x5
425 Market St San Francisco, CA 94105 US
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under supervision of the Client Account Operations Manager, the
Billing Coordinator supports the activities of the Client Accounting team by handling
requests received via workflow to produce billing data, reports, and provide answers to
procedural questions from internal firm staff and attorneys.
1. Consistently promote and model the Firm’s Client Service Principles in teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
2. Ensure exemplary client service to all internal and external clients; proactively promote client service throughout department and among teams; respond to peer requests with recognition that request serves a client or Firm need.
Billing Service Desk
1. Using financial system, department workflows and tools, provides support to the Client Accounting team by reviewing, assigning and completing ad-hoc requests for prebills, inventory reports, invoice copies, and general inquiries.
2. Monitors service levels in workflows, ensuring timely responses to requests.
3. Reviews Outside Counsel Guidelines for firm clients and documents provisions relating to client billing.
4. Achieve a solid understanding of client and matter setups; audit matter setups for accuracy.
5. Provides backup to Client Accounting team in covering for absences of team members and distributing prebills during the monthly prebill cycle.
6. Assists with audits and reconciliations of financial data, including review and submission of electronic files to clients.
Client Service, Confidentiality, and Safety
1. Consistently promote and model the Firm's Client Service Principles in leadership, teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
2. Ensure compliance with the Firm's Information Handling Policy, including safeguarding confidential and personal information, and reporting any suspected breach appropriately and immediately.
3. Adhere to the Firm's General Safety Practices and any unique safety practices for department and building.
1. Participate in training and testing for department tools and system upgrades.
2. Other special projects and duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
1. Some college experience including coursework in accounting or business preferred; associate’s degree is strongly preferred.
2. Prior billing experience is preferred but not required; a strong desire to build a career in legal accounting is required.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with peers and internal clients.
2. Excellent customer service skills; an ability to determine the nature of a request and answer completely and efficiently, and keeping stakeholders informed on complex requests.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel is required; affinity for learning new software or applications highly desired
4. Strong attention to detail; ability to follow instructions with a high degree of accuracy; ability to prioritize tasks.
5. Ability to keep observations or viewpoints regarding firm business confidential.
Meet Your Recruiter
After graduating with an Associates Degree in Business Administration from Westchester Community College Dan wasn't sure exactly what he wanted to do. In February 2013 he decided to put his knack for connecting people with one another to work when he joined The Phoenix Group. When he's not in the office you can find him skiing, golfing, or spending time with his family.