Benefits Analyst (SR Specialist)
One Financial Center Boston, MA 02111 US
Our client is looking for an experience Benefits Analyst to join their team!
- Administer all company benefit programs ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and plan guidelines (programs currently include health insurance, health reimbursement accounts, life/accident, short and long term disability, wellness, and various work/life balance benefits.)
- Serve as a technical benefit expert on plan and program administration questions. Manage and work with vendors for issue resolution.
- Pro-actively manage, coordinate and implement new benefit program introductions, cyclical plan activity, and program changes.
- Perform data and programmatic analysis, assess market trends, benchmark programs, complete surveys, and prepare presentations summarizing results.
- Participate in drafting legal compliance documentation and employee communications including welfare plan documents, amendments and Summary Plan Descriptions.
- Ensure appropriate distribution of compliance notices (including Summary Annual Reports, Health Care Exchange Notices, Initial Cobra Rights, etc.).
- Create/conduct or manage vendors for virtual and live enrollment and educational meetings.
- Oversee the administration of COBRA compliance. Support the benefit plan program compliance activities including but not limited to non-discrimination testing, compliance filings (5500s, HIRD, ACA), audits, etc.
- Oversee the investigation of operational or data issues to ensure prompt and accurate resolution. Find creative and innovative ways to manage and improve benefit administration processes and procedures.
- Ability to manage data within a benefits administration system.
- Partner with HRIS to ensure the benefit module is configured accurately for cyclical system updates, including eligibility, annual enrollment and QLEs. Recommend and work through automation and streamlining of processes with HRIS.
- Oversee reconciliation of payroll reports for HSA and 401(k) funding, including researching and correcting discrepancies.
- Provide coverage backup for leave and 401(k) administration for vacations and support when needed. Participate in special projects in these areas.
- Participate in short-term and long-term firm planning activities making recommendations for strategic approaches and actions.
- Provide project support and management as needed in any area of benefits and assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Exercise discretion in situations where the policy may not specifically address the unique situation and ensure compliance to company guidelines.
- This role requires 60% in office presence; remote work is permissible 40% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Human Resources. CEBS or WorldatWork Benefits Certification a plus.
- 8+ years of experience administering benefit programs – preferably in a multi-state or multi-country environment. Knowledge must include extensive understanding of payroll/HRIS systems, benefits administration, and data entry needs.
- Experience in data analysis and creating presentations. Experience in process mapping and formal project management tools preferred.
- Proficient computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Excellent Excel skills, using data manipulation tools, such as formulas, pivot tables, and v-lookups required. Ceridian Dayforce is the current system of record. Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.