25 West 18th Street New York, NY 10011 US
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, analyzes, and interprets statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of net assets available for benefits, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Assists with the management of the Funds’ financial plans, policies and accounting practices.
- Supervises Accounting Department Staff i.e Senior Accountant, Staff Accountant, and Analyst. Evaluates the performance of personnel in the Accounting Department; recommends training requirements; recommends personnel to be hired or terminated from the department.
- Maintains the Funds’ system of accounts and keeps books and records on all transactions and assets based on monthly and yearly closing schedules.
- Performs other duties as required to support the department and the Funds.
- Oversees Cash Management.
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and year-end Financial Statement preparation and review of Work Papers supporting the statements.
- Maintains the library of AccPac Financial Statements, updating and modifying as necessary.
- Maintains General Ledger.
- Review bank reconciliation, investment analysis, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, assets, accruals, lease obligations, and administrative expenses.
- Performing any other relevant, related or pertinent work or duties as requested or assigned by the Controller.
- Create clear performance standards for all units and staff, working with direct reports to articulate requirements for more junior staff;
- Provide ongoing coaching to staff, with emphasis on direct reports, supporting them to be effective team leaders with respect to people, process and project management;
- Outlook, Excel, Word, Accounting Software i.e. AccPac, and ADP payroll systems
Education and/or Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of related Accounting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing workflow to meet critical deadlines while paying exceptionally close attention to detail;
- Ability to take initiative, think critically and strategically, and collaborate with others to drive change;
- Dynamic, fast learner who is highly organized, analytical and detail oriented;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as technical skills;
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills;
Meet Your Recruiter
Kenny is a graduate from Quinnipiac University where he received his degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology. He has been with TPG since November 2015 and initially got into recruiting through a friend from college and never looked back. When he is not in the office you can find him fishing, golfing, or hanging out with his girlfriend and dog Foxy.