Application Support Engineer-Sharepoint
605 Third Avenue New York, NY 10158
We are looking for a junior Application Support Engineer with 3-5 years of experience in supporting enterprise wide applications and business users with their application support needs (incident, problem and change management), on-boarding new projects for production support, and driving disaster recovery testing efforts.
Working within the Application Service Delivery team, the candidate will provide Level 1 and 2 support for applications in the Shared Services tower.
The role will appeal to a well-rounded and hands-on individual with excellent analytical reasoning and practical decision making, combined with an ability to communicate across a broad range of business functions and at all levels of the organization.
- Provide Level 1 and 2 support for SharePoint, Sitecore, Confluence, and JIRA through a comprehensive incident and problem management discipline
- Provide hands-on support to end-users with professional demeanor and proficient communication
- Develop relationships with other technology groups, including Infrastructure, to ensure all issues are addressed up and down the application stack
- Documentation of application usage, flows, and infrastructure
- Initiate and lead evergreen initiatives for collaboration and application lifecycle towers.
- Provide off hours support as needed for critical applications
- BA/BS degree preferred (Computer Science, Information Systems, MIS or related field). Practical experience plus education and certifications may be considered; previous experience (3 years)
- Administration and support of SharePoint and Sitecore environments, previous experience (2 years)
- Previous experience installing and modifying vendor SharePoint packages and custom web parts
- Familiarity with Nintex, Lightning Conductor, InfoPath forms, and Metalogix
- General knowledge of investment products, asset allocation concepts, and investment performance returns
- Previous experience working with Agile methodology is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience with MSSQL and C#
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, Visio
- Familiarity with Tidal, Informatica, and reporting platforms is a plus
- Experience supporting vendor-hosted, cloud-based solutions is a plus
- Hard working and self-motivated, demonstrating a high level of initiative, assertiveness, versatility and flexibility
- Must be able to work independently and follow through on all aspects of responsibilities, handling multiple initiatives simultaneously
- ITIL certification a plus