Application Support Analyst
605 Third Avenue New York, NY 10158
The Enterprise Scheduling Batch Environment is a uniquely positioned team that provides a broad range of firm wide services. In addition to traditional production support, the batch team develops utilities\applications that support the Scheduling Environment (FTP file transfer, Scheduler Job Setup, Application Development, Job Status Reports)
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Scheduler Batch Support Engineer with a proven track record of supporting an Enterprise Scheduling Environment. The candidate will work within a team of support engineers providing day to day support of trade flow applications and processes following incident, problem and change management standards.
The role will appeal to a hands-on, well-rounded individual with strong quantitative, analytical and technical skills with a passion for supporting mission critical applications.
- Monitor batch scheduler job streams and escalate to the proper IT Group
- Execute Scheduled or on demand batch scheduler jobs
- Work in a 24/5 three shift rotation with team members when needed
- Must be available to work overnight, weekends and holidays when necessary
- Provide day to day system support – user inquiries/setups, error research, and incident management
- Proactively identify issues within the environment and lead solutions to resolve them
- Provide Technical support for Scheduling and Application issues
- Provide Technical support for FTP file transfers
- Coordinate Release Management Implementation and support
- Knowledge of Application Development (C#, VB, SQL, Informatica, IIS, Windows\Unix Server support) a Plus
- BS or BA Degree or at least 10 years experience
- 4+ years industry experience supporting an Enterprise Scheduler Environment
- Knowledge of Financial Trading systems
- Hands-on experience with Incident, Problem and Change Management systems
- Critical thinking skills to troubleshoot application issues with complex business processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; self-starter
Alana is a graduate from The University of Massachusetts Amherst where she received her degree in Communications. She has been with TPG since May 2016 and got into recruiting because of her love of talking to people. When she is not in the office you can find her testing out new recipes in the kitchen.