305 7th Ave New York, NY 10001
XXX is implementing a number of applications that are both generic (Salesforce) and specific to the human service field including but not limited to EVOLV (child welfare services) as well as participating in state mandated databases for foster care and preventive services). In addition to on-going services, XXX will be implementing/building electronic health records (through EVOLV) for Managed Care.
The Application Specialist must be strong team player and able to work across divisions and programs. He/she must be able to communicate technical issues to non-technical staff and program issues to IT colleagues. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical knowledge, program/data analysis capabilities and a strong understanding of how non-profit management decision making can be supported by timely and reliable data.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Application Support and the guidance Director of Information Technology, provides assistance in one or all areas application that includes testing, design, integration, automation and analysis to the team or staff member responsible for application. Explores and executes ways to improve Agency data analysis, integration capabilities and reporting.
• Together with the internal Application Support Manager, and with input from agency-wide user committee, establishes application priorities.
• Performs software requirements analysis, project planning and database design to meet needs of the Agency for efficient processing and management of data; recommends and/or implements hardware/software solutions that supports Agency’ s objectives.
• Develops data integration processes to extract data from various external sources and internal Microsoft SQL server(s).
• Develops and maintains complete and accurate documentation.
• Tests, installs and upgrades applications and clearly documents results; resolves related problems.
• Interacts with senior leads within Agency to develop business solutions
• Works with application owners and 3rd party vendors to achieve application efficacy.
• Develops reports for frontline staff, supervisors and senior management using Crystal Reports.
• Examines current reporting structure and tools, and make suggestions to improve overall reporting process and achieve report automation were applicable.
• Periodically refreshes development and/or test environments from production environment.
• Acts as a liaison between the application vendor and system owner.
• Creates queries and stored procedures on applications as needed.
• Minimum five years of experience in MS SQL Server and strong database programming skill. Familiar SQL Server Agent, Analysis Services, Report Services, Integration Services, etc.
• Minimum five years of experience in SAP Business Object software, and strong Crystal Report developing skill. Familiar at CMC, Crystal Report.Net, and other report engine components.
• A minimum of three years demonstrated experience with EvolvCS, electronic health records or other multi-tiered application architectures.
• Excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical knowledge to non-technical audience of healthcare standards, coding systems, and frameworks to build and maintain electronic health records and develop necessary data and reporting tools.
• Knowledge of Salesforce, Cherwell or other IT Service Management software’ s a plus.
General Requirements: All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of XXXXX, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness and ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
XXXXX is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.