Accounting Operations Manager
1285 Avenue of the Americas New York City, NY 10019 US
This position is hybrid, 3 days in office 2 days remote in midtown
- Manage Accounts Payable and T&E functions ensuring that best practices are leveraged throughout.
- Manage all employees in the department, providing performance plans and annual feedback.
- Oversee management of the Chrome River Invoice and Expense systems, including evaluation of new features for implementation.
- Oversee Accounts Payable vendor on-boarding process, which includes making contact with prospective vendors, collecting on-boarding information, and ensuring that the Accounts Payable team has the proper information to input into the vendor master file.
- Responsible for Partner capital accounts, ensuring that accurate schedules for contributions are maintained.
- Assist with calculations related to partner distributions and ensure all transactions are properly recorded in the general ledger.
- Liase with Tax department to ensure tax payments made on behalf of partners are accurately attributed to them in the Partners’ database.
- Reconcile Partner’s equity accounts monthly, ensuring all transactions are properly recorded. Propose and enter adjusting entries as needed.
- Manage electronic payment programs including the American Express P-card program.
- Document standard processes, create resource materials and facilitate end-user training as needed.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and participate in special projects as needed by management.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Capable of managing a team effectively, including the ability to train and motivate team members.
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong Excel skills including data organization and manipulation.
- Comfortable with technology and able to master new applications quickly.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting required. 5-7 years of experience in an Accounting role with some supervisory experience. Law firm or professional services experience preferred. Aderant Experience a plus.